Thursday, January 17, 2013

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES OF 2012


I know this is quite late, as it is the middle of January, but I'm obsessed with movies so I thought it would be appropriate to have a countdown of my top favorite movies of 2012! 2012 did very well movie-wise so it was quite hard to narrow these down, but enjoy!



10) Project X.
I thought this was going to be another stupid teenage movie about a nerdy kid throwing party to become popular that would with the parents getting home and said nerdy kid rushing to clean the house and him being able to make it on time...but I was wrong. This movie really was great, I love how it was filmed and it had a killer soundtrack and I found it funny with an original ending!


9) Cabin in the Woods
My friends and I were having a scary movie night and all agreed that we all really liked this! The plot was super original and had me super confused and shocked and laughing all at the same time. It's the perfect mixture of horror, comedy, and thriller.


8) The Amazing Spiderman
So i gotta admit, the main reason I went to see this was for Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield; I'm obsessed with the two. I was a little hesitant because I love the original Spiderman and I'm obsessed with Marvel movies so I had high expectations. It exceeded all of them, and although it was 2 hours long, it sped by fast and I liked it better than the original, mainly because it had more comedy


7) The Dark Knight Rises
I don't even know where to start with this. Amazing. Spectacular. Very very VERY well done, from the directing to the acting to the cinematography, costumes editing....EVERYTHING was spectacular. If you haven't seen it, run to your nearest Red Box now. Hell, i'll even pay for your rental fee JUST GO SEE IT.


6) Silver Linings Playbook
I had heard about all the hype over this, my mom kept telling me to see it because it was so funny, and when I went ahead and did see it, it did not disappoint. The perfect mixture of drama and comedy. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper make the perfect pair, and Chris Tucker was my favorite in it. The editing was really well done as well.


5) 21 Jump Street
Easily one of my favorite comedies of all time. I can quote it, and I did the happiest dance ever when it was on sale at Target on DVD. I can watch it over and over and laugh so hard til I cry every time.


4) Les Miserables
I saw this on Christmas day with my aunt and cousin and when they told me it was going to be an operetta (all singing, not much dialogue) I thought it was going to be a long 2 and a half hours. I found it very enjoyable to watch! I cried, no shame. It was a beautiful movie and I especially loved Anne Hathaway, Sascha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Redmayne, Samantha Bark, and Hugh Jackman in it. Everyone gave such a beautiful performance, especially since it was all sung live.


3) The Perks of Being a Wallflower
My best friend in gave me this book for my birthday in 7th grade, and it quickly became my favorite book of all time (it still is, to this day). When I heard they were making a movie of it, I was excited and nervous at the same time; I didn't want the book to change! However, the author, Stephen Chbosky, was the director and screenplay writer for the movie and I have to say, he did an INCREDIBLE job. I honestly think it's Oscar-worthy.


2) Pitch Perfect
My all-time favorite comedy of the year. I ended up seeing it in the theater 3 times. I wasn't expecting much but I ended up laughing so hard in it! Huge shoutout to Adam Devine and Rebel Wilson for being especially funny, to Skylar Astin for being a dreamboat, and to whoever decided to honor the Breakfast Club in it.


1) Moonrise Kingdom
Hands down the best movie of the year. The cinematography was BEAUTIFUL, the story was so original and cute and all around perfect. I loved the mixture of having new kid actors in contrast to the veterans (Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Tilda Swinton).

No comments:

Post a Comment